Saturday 17 December 2022

Is That a FT991A ?

 Yes that's right ... a Yaesu FT991A ..... I bought it due to the new trending C4FM HF beaconing trend which you have to own C4FM HF radio to beacon.

I went out and added to my catalogue of handies which is somewhat true ...i bought a Yaesu FT5D and sold my Yaesu FT2D to a good friend of mine (otherwise i would have just kept it hi hi)

Then i added a SP-10 speaker and MD200 base mic to round off the party ...

This all came about after i had played with the FT5D and the decision was made i must have the FT-991A

So all in all if you want to play with HF C4FM beaconing this is the route i took and you will probably come to, but its a expensive purchase just for the one part of the radio to function as a beacon.

The FT991A has took its pride of place in my shack and is a very capable rig.. so much i bought one for my radio club Wears in Sunderland

for more info check out the Facebook group 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/c4fm10/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/249799482598245



No comments:

Post a Comment